Cocobod, Tourism Authority outdoor activities to mark Chocolate Week 2022 celebrations
The Ghana Cocoa Board (Cocobod) and the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) have launched National Chocolate Week 2022 to celebrate and promote the consumption of chocolate made in Ghana.
The event, which starts from February 12 to 22, 2022, under the theme: “Eat Chocolate, Stay Healthy, Grow Ghana” and the sub-theme “Our Chocolate, Our Health, Our Wealth”, will part of efforts to promote the domestic consumption of Ghanaian chocolate and other cocoa products.
Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah who officially launched the initiative charged Ghanaians to take full advantage of the celebrations while helping to promote the local consumption of chocolates and other cocoa products. .
The activities took place outdoors during a ceremony in Mampong on Thursday, February 3, 2022.
The ceremony was attended by Deputy Minister of Tourism, Mark Okraku Mantey, Deputy Minister of Commerce, Herbert Krapa, Chairman of the Board of Cocobod, Mr. Peter MacManu and Executive Director of GTA , Mr. Akwasi Agyeman.
The main activities of the National Chocolate Week celebration include:
• Cocoa Health Walk in the Aburi Mountains on Saturday February 5, 2022.
• Donation of cocoa products to the Chief Imam on Friday, February 11 at the National Mosque, as well as select churches such as Methodist, Presbyterian, and Catholic on Sunday, February 13, 2022. Both of these events will also be executed by regional staff of GTA in their respective regions across the country.
• A float with the city’s double-decker bus (Auntie Dedei) through some of Accra’s main streets to raise awareness about the health and economic benefits of chocolate and other cocoa products, as well as the need to embark on domestic tourism Monday, February 14, 2022.
• Chocolate Day at Expo Dubai on Monday February 14, 2022.
• Durbar and Chocolate and Cocoa products display at Chococity Roundabout, Tetteh Quarshie near Accra Mall on Monday 14th February 2022.
• Premiere at SilverBird Cinemas of a Ghanaian film, “Heroes of Africa, Tetteh Quarshie”
• Chocolate Expo at the Kempinski Gold Coast City Hotel in Accra on Tuesday 22 February 2022.
In addition, two chocolate cities have been established at Tetteh Quarshie Roundabout in Accra and Rattray Park in Kumasi to bring together all chocolatiers and processors to showcase their chocolate and cocoa products.