8th Africa Bank 4.0 Summit, concluded with an awards ceremony honoring leaders and developments within Africa
- Fintech leaders present at the meeting with investors
- Innovation Panel Brainstorms – AI Solutions to Boost Customer Engagement
- CEOs of Women-Led Panels Meet Fundraising Challenges and Overcome Obstacles
- Retail Banking Leader’s Roundtable aims to make the retail customer experience in Africa superior, more than ever
- Africa Bank 4.0 Awards, recognizing the contributions of leaders and organizations in the BFSI sector in Africa.
NAIROBI, Kenya, May 30, 2022, /African Media Agency (AMA)/- 8e Africa Bank 4.0 Summit – CEO Exclusiveopened its doors to welcome the in-person participation of leaders of the African financial sector on the 25e May 2022to at Mövenpick Hotel & Residences, Nairobi – Kenya.
John Njoroge– Country Manager, Kenya | Network International (Powered Sponsor), the conference chair opened the event, which was followed by the keynote: Beyond Banking: Producing Seamless Financial Experiences through Disruptive Technologies, presented by Nandan Sea – Group CEO | International network.
Nandan SeaGroup CEO, International networkcommented: “On the 8e The Africa Bank 4.0 Summit was a great platform to discuss what the disruption means for financial services players in the region and which technologies to watch. As the leading enabler of digital commerce in Africa and the Middle East, Network International is committed to playing a central role in shaping the region’s payments landscape while helping businesses and economies in our markets thrive, simplifying commerce and payments.
INFLUENCER PANEL CEO, brainstorming about the importance of “Bringing digital banking to rural Africa”. Moderated by Faith Kobusingye Mugambwa – Regional General Manager, East Africa | Network International, panelists who joined this panel included Dr Segun Aina – President at Africa Fintech Network, Julias Alego – Chairman and CEO | Kenya Institute of Bankers and Raphael Lekolool – Managing Director | Kenya Postal Bank.
Mohammad Nana – Vice President, Fintech Partnerships, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa | MasterCard, moderated the Leaders Innovation Panel to discuss deploying AI and automation to drive customer engagement, efficiency and productivity. Panelists joining this discussion included leaders from International Network, Sparkle, FMB Capital Holdings Plc, Jubilee Insurance and Netcore.
“How will Open Banking support financial inclusion in Africa?” was sent by Hany Fekry – Group Managing Director, Processing | International network. The latest innovative solutions and technologies in the field of customer engagement, safety and security, digital disruption, artificial intelligence were developed during exclusive presentations by the partners of the event – Netcore, Zwipe, FICO, Ameyo, IDEX Biometrics and more.
One of the sessions highlighted at the event included the PANEL OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS VOICE OF WOMEN who was addressing “How can female small business entrepreneurs overcome financing challenges and grow their businesses? »
Faith Kobusingye Mugambwa, moderated this interactive panel attended by
- Mizinga Melu – General Manager and CEO | Absa Bank Zambia Plc
- Grandma KALONDA – Chairman and CEO | FINCA RD Congo S
- Caroline Kariemu-Brazell – Co-founder and Managing Director | M-Tip A
- Djiba Diallo Senior Fintech Advisor, Operations and Technology | Ecobank Transnational Inc.
This premium edition hosted over 60 industry leaders and was sponsored by over 30 partners, including
Openway, Gupshup, Eclectics, Mastercard, Moody’s Analytics, ProgressSoft, Kenya Institute of Bankers, Africa Fintech Network, FMB Capital Holding, Centenary Bank, Sparkle, Finca among others.
The conclusion of the conference paved the way for the African Bank 4.0 Awardswhich recognized the contribution to the efforts and innovation of the region’s BFSI sector and its main players.
Commenting on the Africa Bank 4.0 awards, Nana Esi Idun – Arkhurstretail banking director Fidelity Bank Ghana Limitedexpressed her deep gratitude to the organization for nominating her “Most Influential African Banker of the Year (Retail Banking)”.
“It is an honor to be recognized for this prestigious award. This award is dedicated to each member of the Fidelity Retail team for believing in the vision and being part of the journey. This is for your commitment, diligence and phenomenal performance year after year. I am grateful to the management of the Bank for giving me the opportunity to lead and I thank my family for their unwavering support throughout my career. I want to encourage everyone, especially women, to be agents of change and excellence and to take on leadership roles in their chosen fields. Together, we can all help close the leadership gender gap.”
NMB CEO, Ruth Zaipuna said, “I am delighted to accept this award on behalf of the management of NMB Bank Plc, customers and the 3,500 employees of NMB for their cooperation in providing the very best to our valued customers and shareholders and ensuring that we give back to the company in which we have supported our business for more than 20 years. »
‘I dedicate this’African Banking CEO of the Year 2022 (Tanzania)’ award to my colleagues at NMB who are fully committed to NMB’s quest to truly remain beyond comparison – a bank of innovation and customer focus, resilience, trust, safety and security,” said added Ruth.
Other industry leaders and organizations who were honored and celebrated at the awards ceremony include –
- Abdulmajid M. Nsekela (African Retail Banker of the Year),
- Grandma Kalonda Kapenga (African Banker of the Year in Microfinance);
- Dr Tomisin Fashina (African Banking COO of the Year),
- Lanre Bamisebi (African Banking CIO of the Year),
- Unathi Mtya (Most Influential African Banker of the Year – Digital Transformation);
- Mizinga Melu (Most Influential African Banker of the Year – Rest of Africa);
- Asante Financial Services Group (Neobank Rising Star – East Africa);
- Sofri Bank (Neobank Rising Star – West Africa);
- Kenya Institute of Bankers (Outstanding Contribution to the Banking Community – Kenya);
- African Fintech Network (Outstanding Contribution to the African FinTech Community);
- AFiK (Outstanding Contribution to Kenya’s Fintech Community);
- The limited leadership group (Outstanding knowledge exchange provider for the Fintech community) ChainAdvise Blockchain Consulting (Outstanding Contribution to Blockchain Development in Africa)
Solutions, products and services of IDEX Biometrics, Netcore, Eclectics, Gupshup, Ameyo and KnowBe4were recognized for their contribution in the technology and innovation categories during the awards ceremony.
Distributed by African Media Agency in partnership with BII World.
About BII World
A leading organizer who strongly believes in creating value through premium conferences and training sessions around the world. Our goal is to bring innovation and advanced development to enterprises.
E : [email protected]
The 8th Africa Bank 4.0 Summit, which concluded with an awards ceremony honoring leaders and developments within Africa, appeared first on African Media Agency.
Source: African Media Agency (AMA)